Transforming Australia's Health Industry
The technology disrupting Australia’s health sector
HealthDisrupt 2017 is a part of OmniChannel Media’s wider “Disrupt” series which will look to showcase innovative thought-leadership that explores the role of that technology is having on industry transformation.
The health industry in Australia is undergoing a transformation at a rapid speed. Underwriting this transformation are technologies aimed at increasing efficiencies in operation, as well as technologies aimed at enhancing the patient experience.
The challenge: the complexities of providing health services to the whole of community. Traditionally, health has been an industry with fragmented operations that are stretched in terms of resource, technology strategy, and skillsets. The “culture” of digital transformation in health is a long and arduous one, which requires assistance from the technology industry.
The event will look to showcase critical themes such as: how health teams can build data a strategic asset, cloud-computing and hyper-converged infrastructure, using digital to modernise internal systems, as well as the role that digital applications and engagement have on patient outcomes.
AI, IoT, cloud, Big Data, and the “Digital Ecosytem”, we look forward to showcasing these concepts and many more within the context and culture of Australia’s health industry.
LEADERS IN HEALTH
Meet some of the worlds leading minds in technology and healthcare
Dr Richard Ashby
CEO & CIO
Director of Innovation
St John of God
Dr Nikhil Pooviah
Founder & CEO
Introducing our 2017 speakers
Dr Raghav Murali-Ganesh
Director of ICT Architecture
Director Performance & Analytics
Dr Peter Beven
Program Director Innovation – Digital Strategy Branch
Director Industry Projects
QUT Graduate School of Business
Director of Clinical Integration
The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
Dr Harry Lai
A/Director, Informatics and Information
Director, Digital Health and Innovation
Program Manager, Health Informatics and Analytics Program
Northern Sydney Local Health District
Director of Digital Sales, APAC
West Unified Communications Services
Director Asia Pacific
A look into how HealthDisrupt will progress as the day unfolds
08.30 AM – 09.00 AM
09.00 AM – 09.10 AM
09.10 AM – 09.40 AM
Patient Centricity: Revolutionising Delivery & Expectation
• A look at the expectations of the community with regards to health delivery.
• CancerAid: fostering a community of care.
• How digital is assisting in driving patient-centric outcomes.
• Using the patient experience as a starting point for transformation.
Dr Raghav Murali-Ganesh, Co-Founder, Cancer Aid
09.40 AM – 10.10 AM
Tele-Innovation: Enhancing Patient Care via Tele-Medicine and Video Technology
• The future of video collaboration: creating a personalised healthcare experience.
• A look at how innovative tele-health innovations can be adopted.
• Practical outcomes, how video technology is transforming patient care.
• A look into the future? Incorperating IoT, AI and Predictive Analytics into the mix.
Brett Johnson, Director of Digital Sales, APAC, West Unified Communications Services
James Brennan, Director Asia Pacific, BlueJeans Network
10.10 AM – 10.35 AM
Cloud Transformation: how IT Infrastructure is Encouraging Health Innovation
• Infrastructure transformation in health: responding to the change.
• Speed, performance, and scalability: future proofing technology systems.
• The security implications of cloud: can you “outsource” risk?
Danny Lindrea, Director of ICT Architecture, Bendigo Health
10.35 AM – 11.00 AM
Digital IT in the Health Sector: a Panel Discussion
• The future of digital health: patient centricity and heightened engagement.
• How is digital assisting in driving preventative treatments and preventions?
• Building a culture digital engagement and encouraging change.
• How agile methodologies can be applied to digital health for quick wins.
Seven Guney, Program Manager, Health Informatics and Analytics Program, Northern Sydney Local Health District
Jen Bichel-Findlay, Director, Digital Health and Innovation, UTS
Dr Harry Lai, A/Director, Informatics and Information, NSW Ambulance
Cheryl McCullagh, Director of Clinical Integration, The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
11.10 AM – 11.35 AM
Morning Tea & Networking Break
11.35 AM – 12.00 PM
Data as a Strategic Asset in Decision Making
• Creating utility out of the “proliferation of data” in Health.
• Building a culture where data is a strategic asset to your organisation.
• Overcoming the challenges of data transitioning and fragmentation, a cultural approach.
Heike Magura, Director Performance & Analytics, Mater Health
12.00 PM – 12.15 PM
Healthcare Collaboration: Speeding Care and Saving Lives
• Patient Centered Care with Video Collaboration.
• Telemedicine solutions.
• Medical Education with Video Collaboration.
• Video – How telemedicine transforms coordinated care.
James Ware, Senior Manager Microsoft Alliance, Polycom, ANZ
12.15 PM – 12.50 PM
Security in Health: Protecting New Innovations & Responding to Threats
• The proliferation of data – managing and containing your patient’s assets.
• The threat of cyber-disruption on the whole-of-organisations.
• Building a “secure culture”: being proactive about security.
• Malicious malware, ransomware, social penetration: transforming security first.
• Blockchain & AI: The technologies securing healthcare systems.
Peter Beven, Program Director Innovation – Digital Strategy Branch, eHealth Queensland
12.50 PM – 02.00 PM
Check our previous conference photos
Check out the awesome companies that are making this event possible
2017 GOLD SPONSORS
2017 BRONZE SPONSORS
2017 COFFEE SPONSOR
2017 SUPPORTING SPONSORS
PREVIOUS DISRUPT SERIES SPONSORS
Get In Touch
Feeling a little old fashioned and not wanting to use our fancy form? That’s ok. Feel free to reach out to us using one of the contact methods below. We strive to respond to all enquiries within 48 hours.
- +61 2 9358 4274